Carrington Health (formerly Whitehorse Community Health Service) was formed in 1996 from the former Box Hill Community Health Service, which was established in 1985. We provide a large range of health services primarily to the Whitehorse Local Government Area (LGA), but in some cases deliver services more widely.
Carrington Health values collaboration and works closely with other services in the health service system and is a highly committed and an active member of the Inner East Primary Care Partnership.
Carrington Health provides high quality, accessible and integrated services to improve the health and well-being of our community.
We have a vision to be leaders in the community health field with our focus over the next 3 years to:
- Become leaders in the field of diabetes management. Building on the Integrated Diabetes Education Assessment Service (IDEAS), we will provide a world-class service model, developed as a “one stop shop” for clients
- Expand the Integrated Diabetes Education Assessment Service model into other areas of chronic disease
- Build a range of intergrated services for children and their families, based on current limited access for identified community needs
- Work with local organisations to grow services for our ageing population
- Continue our focus on the delivery of oral health care, increasing the number of clients treated and accessing the increased funding in the sector
- Continue our programs in health promotion, mental health, Men’s Shed and Needle and Syringe Exchange Program
From our base in central Box Hill, CH provides a broad and integrated range of services:
Allied Health Services
Community health nursing, podiatry, physiotherapy, exercise physiology, nutrition and dietetics, occupational therapy and speech pathology.
Children’s & Family Health Services
Psychology, occupational therapy, speech pathology.
Public dental service, Outreach Children’s Dental program.
Chronic Disease Management
Whitehorse Good Life Club, including chronic disease management and psychological services.
Integrated Diabetes Education and Assessment Service.
Education group, nurse education service, IDEAS (Integrated Diabetes Education and Assessment Service).
Generalist, family violence and perinatal depression service.
Social Support & Prevention Programs
Men’s Shed, Needle & Syringe Progam, Baby Makes 3 Program, integrated health promotion initiatives.
Groups and Programs
Communication skills, physical activity gym program, falls prevention, diabetes groups, groups for children.