Integrated Falls Assessment Service (IFAS) – Still providing services
We are now offering this service to clients via telehealth (phone or video) and in person where required. For further details click the link here. To contact the IFAS team please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 9890 2220 (Updated: 17 June 2020).
Did you know that roughly one in three people over 65, have at least one fall a year?
Our Integrated Falls Assessment Service (IFAS) is here to help people reduce their chances of fall related injury.
IFAS takes a holistic focus on each individuals overall health and well being. As a result, the service supports older adults in avoiding injury and empowers them to maintain their independence. Led by a Geriatrician, a falls assessment plan may include Physiotherapy and/or Occupational Therapy depending on the individuals needs and goals. Further support and referral is also offered, to help people address their full health and well being needs. Other services may include*:
- Community Nurse
- Dietitian Service
- Our other Groups & Programs
No Falls (Exercise Program)
To help stop the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community we have temporarily suspended this group. Please get in contact for alternative support offered in our IFAS program by emailing email@example.com (Updated: 17 June 2020).
Our No Falls Exercise Program is led by a Physiotherapist and runs over a 12 week term. The group sessions help to gently build strength, balance and stability for participants. (Please note: this program is not covered under Medicare).
For more info on falls prevention options, please scroll below to read our FAQ’s or make an enquiry.
*Please note that although these services may be enlisted in a falls prevention plan, they may not be covered by Medicare and any fee’s will be discussed during your appointments. Make an Enquiry
Frequently Asked Questions:
Getting a referral
- IFAS requires participants to provide a referral from their GP
- This referral will be based on a GP assessment, as to whether their client is at risk of having falls
- Our Geriatrician will then share any outcomes from IFAS, back to the clients GP.
How do I make an appointment?
- Once we have received your GP referral, you will be contacted by our team and placed on our priority waiting list
- If you have any further questions you can contact the IFAS team on 8843 2238 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What does it cost?
- IFAS is free of charge for Medicare Card holders with a GP referral.
- Should you be connected to any of our other services, any applicable costs will be explained during your appointment.
- Please see our fees page for more information on pricing options.
What is a Geriatrician?
- A Geriatrician is a medical doctor who specialises in the holistic care of older adults.
- During an initial IFAS appointment, our Geriatrician will conduct an assessment to talk about your health overall, your medical history and risk of falls.