The Whitehorse Men’s Shed provides opportunities for men to come together to socialise and work on projects in a supportive workshop environment. Each week our ‘Shedders’ get together and work on activities matched to their strengths and interests. Activities constantly evolve but may include:
- Woodworking on individual or joint projects
- Special community initiatives to support a local request for assistance
- Gardening, maintenance and growing veggie’s locally
- Computers workshops for learning skills, searching the internet or playing games
- General chit chat and socialising
- The occasional outing to places of interest
“At my age, I can look back on things in the past and share that knowledge and those stories with the others” – John, Shedder
“Without the Men’s Shed I’d have nowhere to be on a Friday. I’ve gone from being a hermit to being social” – Ray, Shedder
To find out more scroll down to read our FAQ’s or get in contact with us.
Frequently Asked Questions:
When, Where and How much?
- The Shed operates from 10am to 3pm on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays
- It is located with Nadrasca at 252 Springvale Rd Nunawading (cnr High St)
- Participants pay $10 per session at The Shed
Is the Men's Shed right for me?
The Men’s Shed participants come from all different backgrounds and walks of life. The Shed may suit men who:
a) Would like to brush up on rusty skills or learn new ones,
b) Are keen to get together with others who might share similar interests and life experiences OR
c) Simply want to meat and socialise with new people.
Some of the people who join the Men’s Shed may also be:
- Recovering from illness or rehabilitating
- Living with a disability or long term illness
- The primary carer for their partner or other family member
- People who have an aged, disability, pension or other benefits.
Sponsorship – would you like to help?
Sponsorship opportunities are available for businesses to support the Shed – please contact us to find out how you can contribute.