The Whitehorse Men’s Shed provides opportunities for men to come together to socialise and work on projects in a supportive workshop environment. The Shed supports men who may be experiencing a range of circumstances, that can limit their connection to broader community life.
Each week our ‘Shedders’ get together and work on activities matched to their strengths and interests. Activities constantly evolve but may include:
- Woodworking on individual or joint projects
- Special community initiatives to support a local request for assistance
- Gardening, maintenance and growing veggie’s locally
- Computers workshops for learning skills, searching the internet or playing games
- General chit chat and socialising
- The occasional outing to places of interest
The Men’s Shed may suit men who’d a) Like to brush up on rusty skills or learn new ones, b) Who are keen to get together with others who might share similar interests and life experiences or c) To simply meet and mingle with new people.
“At my age, I can look back on things in the past and share that knowledge and those stories with the others” – John, Shedder
“Without the Men’s Shed I’d have nowhere to be on a Friday. I’ve gone from being a hermit to being social” – Ray, Shedder
The Shed operates from 10am to 3pm on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays and is co-located with Nadrasca at 252 Springvale Rd Nunawading (cnr High St).
To find out more get in contact with us today.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I go to the Men's Shed & What does it cost?
Each Men’s Shed session costs participants only $6 to contribute to materials and resources that we use.
We prioritise access for men who find themselves in the following situations:
- Having limited access to social activities
- Recovering from illness or rehabilitating
- Living with a disability or long term illness
- Being the primary carer for their partner or other family member
- Those who have an aged, disability, pension or other benefits.
Sponsorship – would you like to help?
Sponsorship opportunities are available for businesses to support the Shed – please contact us to find out how you can contribute.