Moving On – Pain Management Program
What is chronic pain?
Chronic pain is usually defined as ongoing pain that lasts for around three months or more. Normally, injuries are expected to heal after a certain amount of time (ie once tissue heals or the underlying cause is treated) but chronic pain outlasts the usual healing process. It can become progressively worse and re-occur intermittently.
How can we help?
Moving On is a low intensity group program designed to help clients manage chronic pain. The program uses an integrated approach, equipping clients with self-management strategies to better understand pain and help them create a life where pain is not the dominant factor. This page contains information about how the Moving On Program works, who it is best suited to and how to refer.
How does the program work?
- A thorough screening via questionnaire and interview will be conducted prior to commencement.
- A physiotherapist, occupational therapist and psychologist will work together to deliver a weekly group session over 6 weeks (2 sessions each).
- These sessions will teach clients about:
- understanding and managing chronic pain
- helpful thinking – how to cope better with pain
- pacing and planning activities
- posture and biomechanics
- exercise and activity, goal setting
- relaxation and mindfulness.
What does it cost?
$11 for the assessment appointment, and $60 for the 6 week program.
How do I make an appointment?
To make further enquiries about our services, please contact our Reception Team on 9890 2220, between 8.30am – 5pm, Monday to Friday.Make an Enquiry