Children’s Therapies and Services
Our integrated therapies and services mean that we work together to provide a complete picture of your child’s health and wellbeing. The children’s therapies and services we offer include:
- Speech Pathology
- Occupational Therapy
- Child Psychology
- Paediatrician (Patch Service)
Our Speech Pathologists support you and your child to be able to improve communication skills by working on:
• Speech sounds
• Receptive (understanding) and expressive (talking) language
• Fluency and Literacy
• Social skills
• Alternative communication systems
• Feeding/eating and swallowing.
Our Occupational Therapists support your child to enable them to participate in day to day activities. These might include:
• Self-care skills to be more independent at home, kinder or school
• Physical skills, such as play, fine or gross motor skills
• Cognitive skills such as attention and concentration, problems solving and concept development, and sensory processing
• Major life transitions such as moving from kinder to school and social skills.
Our Dietitians support your child in making positive changes in their eating habits including:
• Guidance with nutrition and healthy eating
• Food behavior issues and fussy eating
• Weight gain/loss
• Food allergies and intolerances.
Our Child Psychology team can support both you and your child. We provide techniques and strategies to help you manage your child’s needs at home. Sometimes Child Psychology may identify other services that your child could benefit from, in conjunction with psychology. Some of the children who see us need help with:
• Concentrating, sitting still or paying attention
• Talking and being understand by others
• Making friends
• Managing feelings such as anger, sadness and frustration
To get started or to find out more about our Children’s Services and Therapies, get in contact today or phone us on 9890 2220
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does my child need a diagnosis before an appointment with Carrington Health?
Your child does not need a formal diagnosis to access our therapies and services. With the exception of our Paediatrician service (Patch), you also do not need a medical referral.
What Fee's are involved for my child?
All fee’s are discussed at the time of booking your service. We cater for a range of circumstances and the unique needs of our clients. Please visit our fee page for more information on rebates or entitlements you might be able to receive.
Where are your Child and Family Services located?
Our Child and Family Services are located at the Ground Floor of 43 Carrington Road Box Hill