Children’s Speech Pathology
Speech Pathology is for children and infants who:
- Are late starting to speak (less than 25 words by the age of 2)
- Are unclear in their speech
- Have difficulty in listening or understanding the spoken word
- Are not forming sentences as well as other pre-schoolers
- Are stuttering
- Have voice difficulties
Who can use this service?
Services are available to children from birth up to school entry (0-6 years) and their families, who work, live or study in the City of Whitehorse. We prioritise our services for people on low-medium incomes and holders of Health Care or Pension cards.
In addition, children can use these services if they:
- Attend preschool or child care services within the City of Whitehorse
- Have difficulties that are not complex / global / long term in nature but who would benefit from specific service (speech pathology, OT or psychology).
To participate in any service offered for children at Carrington Health, all children must first be assessed by one of the health professionals within the Children’s service.
What does it cost?
For information about all fees and charges please visit Our Fees.
How do I make an appointment?
To make further enquiries about our services, please contact our Reception Team on 9890 2220, between 8.30am – 5pm, Monday to Friday.Make an Enquiry