Diabetes Step By Step Program
This supportive program is here to help people needing to get back on track with managing their health with Diabetes, or for those who are newly diagnosed. Having diabetes can be challenging. Step by Step is designed to help you understand your treatment and to help you make the right choices to keep your diabetes under control, together with your GP. The program helps you understand-
- Lifestyle factors that support better management of diabetes
- How to plan suitable meals and snacks
- How physical activity, stress, sleep and other factors help or hinder
- Tracking your progress — testing your blood sugar
- An individual plan of practical changes to minimise the effects of diabetes and to help you live well.
The program offers flexible sessions with a nurse, including-
- A group session with a dietitian covering the basics of a diabetic diet and reducing heart disease risk
- Other sessions over the year on a range of practical food topics
- A group session with a podiatrist to learn how to keep your feet in good shape
If you’re wanting to talk with somebody on an individual basis about your diabetes, we also have a Diabetes Nurse Educator who can help you.
To find out more and to get started please contact us on 9890 2220 or make an enquiry online.Make an Enquiry