- IDEAS is available to people with Type 2 diabetes who hold a current Medicare card.
- We encourage people on low-medium incomes and holders of Health Care or Pension cards to attend IDEAS
- That being said, we welcome all people to this service.
IDEAS is bulk billed, using your Medicare card. This means you need to have a current referral from your general practitioner and bring your Medicare card to your appointment. Talk to your GP about getting started or contact us – email@example.com
- GPs can arrange a referral to IDEAS via fax directly to our service on 9898 8010 or via the Box Hill Hospital Endocrinology Out Patient Department on 03 9895 4852, marked ‘IDEAS’.
- Carrington Health staff will contact the client to arrange a first appointment for IDEAS. Any further appointments will be arranged after the initial IDEAS consultation.
- The IDEAS clinic will send letters to the clients GP letting them know the outcome of the referral and any referrals to other services to assist with diabetes management.
- IDEAS is Bulk billed using via the clients Medicare card, so there are no out of pocket expenses.
- IDEAS operates on a Monday afternoon at Carrington Health – Level 2, 43 Carrington Road, Box Hill VIC 3128