- IDEAS is available to people with Type 2 diabetes who hold a current Medicare card.
- We encourage people on low-medium incomes and holders of Health Care or Pension cards to attend IDEAS
- That being said, we welcome all people to this service.
IDEAS is bulk billed, using your Medicare card. This means you need to have a current referral from your general practitioner and bring your Medicare card to your appointment.
- Talk to your GP about attending IDEAS. They can arrange a referral via a fax directly to our service on 9898 8010 or via the Box Hill Hospital Endocrinology Out Patient Department on 03 9895 4852, marked ‘IDEAS’.
- Carrington Health staff will contact you to arrange your first appointment for IDEAS. Any further appointments will be arranged after your IDEAS consultation.
- The IDEAS clinic will send letters to your GP/doctor letting them know the outcome of your referral and if you have been referred to other services to assist your diabetes management.
- As outlined above, IDEAS is Bulk billed using your Medicare card.
- IDEAS operates on a Monday afternoon at Carrington Health – Ground Floor Level, 43 Carrington Road, Box Hill VIC 3128