Occupational Therapy services are for frail older people, younger people with disabilities and others who need support to continue managing independently at home. Occupational Therapists can assess and advise on:
- Safety in the home
- Reducing falls risks
- Making your home ‘dementia friendly’.
- Making your home accessible for wheelchairs and walking frames.
- Home modifications
- Help with any minor modifications required, for example: grab rails in the shower and toilet. We can also help with major renovations such as ramps and bathroom modifications.
- Aids and equipment
- Shower seats, toilet aids, electric lift recliners, adapted phones, kitchen aids and more.
- Manual and electric wheelchairs and pressure care cushions.
- Mobility scooters and training.
- Personal alarms.
Our Occupational Therapy service is for everyone. To make further enquiries about our services, please contact one of our friendly receptionists 9890 2220, between 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
You do not require a referral from your Dr to access this service at Carrington Health. However, if you discuss your requirements with your GP, you may be offered a Chronic Disease Management Plan which will entitle you to a subsidy.
If you have extras cover on your private health insurance, we offer easy to claim on the spot rebates. You are advised to contact your private health insurer prior to appointment to discuss your level of coverage.
Yes, you will require an approved WorkCover Claim Number for us to bill WorkCover directly. Please bring this with you to your first appointment.
We have clinicians that speak a range of languages, including Mandarin and Cantonese. Simply enquire if one of these clinicians are available when you make your appointment. If not, we are able to arrange an interpreter for you.
Our occupational service is able to visit you in your own home to discuss your needs. Simply call us to arrange an appointment on 9890 2220.