Some of the things our Occupational Therapists can do to help you maintain independence include:
- Assessing the overall safety in your home
- Information on how to prevent and manage falls
- Assistance in making your home ‘dementia friendly’
- Making your home accessible for wheelchairs and walking frames
- Help with minor home modifications, examples could include rails in the shower and toilet.
- Accessing support aids and equipment such as shower seats, toilet aids, electric lift recliners, adapted phones, kitchen aids, personal alarms and others.
- Help to obtain manual or electric wheelchairs and pressure care cushions.
- Help to obtain mobility scooters and training in getting about.
You do not require a referral from your Dr to access this service at Carrington Health. However, if you discuss your requirements with your GP, you may be offered a Chronic Disease Management Plan which will entitle you to a subsidy.
If you have extras cover on your private health insurance, we offer easy to claim on the spot rebates. You are advised to contact your private health insurer prior to appointment to discuss your level of coverage.
Yes, you will require an approved WorkCover Claim Number for us to bill WorkCover directly. Please bring this with you to your first appointment.