Some of the things our Occupational Therapists can do to help you maintain independence include:
- Assessing the overall safety in your home
- Information on how to prevent and manage falls
- Assistance in making your home ‘dementia friendly’
- Making your home accessible for wheelchairs and walking frames
- Help with minor home modifications, examples could include rails in the shower and toilet.
- Accessing support aids and equipment such as shower seats, toilet aids, electric lift recliners, adapted phones, kitchen aids, personal alarms and others.
- Help to obtain manual or electric wheelchairs and pressure care cushions.
- Help to obtain mobility scooters and training in getting about.
- Costs for our services can vary depending on your situation.
- For more information see our Fees page.
- All costs are confirmed at the time of booking our services.
You do not require a referral from your Dr to access this service at Carrington Health. However, if you discuss your requirements with your GP, you may be offered a Chronic Disease Management Plan which will entitle you to a subsidy. For more information on this please contact us on 9890 2220 or drop us a line.